HOME LEARNING GRIDS
Please find attached the National Parent Forum of Scotland advice letters for learning from home:
UPDATE: Friday 17th April 2020
Please find information about the Paradykes Hub:
Updated Emergency Provisions:
UPDATE: Friday 3rd April 2020
For those who are looking for some extra to do over the Easter Break, we have compiled a home learning grid of activities and challenges. These are optional:
Please find attached information about Emergency Provisions:
UPDATE: Thursday 19th March 2020
Your child/children will come home today with login details for GLOW.
All children in P1-3 and some in P4-5 will need to change their password the first time that they login. All P6-7 children have chosen their own passwords. Please note that GLOW will be rolled out gradually with distance learning activities for children. If you have any problems accessing GLOW please email the school.
A parents guide for GLOW is attached below:
Home Learning Letter:
Please look at Midlothian Council advice for Covid-19 in the attached letter below:
UPDATE: Monday 16th March 2020
Some families have been in contact requesting home learning for self-isolating pupils.
You will appreciate that with the numbers of pupils currently self isolating, this is not possible.
Please see below for some suggestions of generic home learning tasks:
- Practise spellings/phonics
- Practise times tables/number bonds
- Keep a diary
- Read for enjoyment
- Write a book report
- Watch a film of a book that you have read and look for similarities/differences
- Get a family member to give you a big word eg. ACCOMMODATION and see how many smaller words you can make out of those letters
- Design a poster encouraging people to wash their hands
- Watch ‘erd Bug’ resources
- Do a workout like the Sports Committee taught you for BOATS!
- Choose a famous artist and recreate one of their famous pieces