Welcome to the Bonnyrigg Primary School Parent Council! Every parent/carer is welcome to come along to the meetings – it’s a great opportunity for you to hear about what’s coming next in the school, to influence change or to speak to other parents and/or the Headteacher.
Our Parent Council chair is Colin Wilkinson, who was elected in April 2016. The role of Deputy Chair is shared by Susan Henderson and Justine Jones, who were elected in April 2017.
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or by messaging us on our Facebook page.
Over the past 18 months we have:
- Represented parents on the selection panel interviewing for the Deputy Head Teachers Positions
- Discussed the schools communication and how it can be improved
- Had a preview of the new Parent Pay system which was launched in November 2017
- Suggested and implemented improvements to the running of Sports Day
- Liaised with the School Leadership Team to allow the “Persevered” tour into the school
- Introduced a number of guest speakers including Councillors, covering topics such as Housing Development, School intakes and Catchment areas
We also have a Fundraising Group which meets generally on the last Friday of every month, Sarah Beck leads this and has done a fantastic job in organising Spring and Halloween Discos and the Christmas Fair among other things such as online auctions.
The money raised from these events have allowed us to fund:
- Upgrades to the school playground
- The P6 trip to the Christmas Panto
- The Fun Day
- New gym equipment
- The book bags given to every new pupil
- P7 Dictionaries
- Magnetic Letters for Early Years
We aim to do a lot more in the coming months but to do this we need our membership to grow……
Below you will find links to our latest minutes and letters as well as information about meeting dates.
Parent Council Agenda and Minutes 2017/18
Parent Council Letters
Thursday 12 October 2017
Tuesday 28th November 2017
Tuesday 23rd January 2018
Thursday 8th March 2018
Tuesday 24th April 2018 (AGM)
Thursday 7th June 2018
All meetings start at 6.45pm and are held in the school. The Agenda is issued approximately 1 week before the meeting and will be posted both on this webpage and on our Facebook page.
If you have any points you’d like to raise and discuss at the meetings please contact Bonnyriggpsparentcouncil@hotmail.com