Welcome to the Bonnyrigg Primary School Parent Council!
Every parent/carer is welcome to come along to the meetings – it is a great opportunity for you to hear about what is coming next in the school, influence change and to speak to other parents or Headteacher.
Our Parent Council for 2021 – 2022 is Lynne Brown and Lynne Lawrie as Chair with Linsey Dagger acting in the role of Deputy Chair. Melissa Allum is Treasurer with Christine Hoy the Secretary.
OUR NEXT MEETING DATE:
Meeting dates are shared on the school app
Please contact the school office if you wish to attend a meeting and they will share the Zoom link with you.
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or by messaging us on our Facebook page.
Please click on this link to see our Parent Council Constitution : Parent Council Constitution Bonnyrigg PS – Nov 2018
In recent years, our Parent Council have:
- Represented parents on the selection panel interviewing for the Deputy Head Teachers Positions
- Discussed the schools communication and how it can be improved
- Had a preview of the Parent Pay system which was launched in November 2017
- Suggested and implemented improvements to the running of Sports Day
- Liaised with the School Leadership Team to allow the “Persevered” tour into the school
- Introduced a number of guest speakers including Councillors, covering topics such as Housing Development, School intakes and Catchment areas
We also have a Fundraising Group which meets generally on the last Friday of every month headed by Sarah Beck.
Money raised by the group have allowed us to fund:
- Upgrades to the school playground
- The P6 trip to the Christmas Panto
- The Fun Day
- New gym equipment
- The book bags given to every new pupil
- P7 Dictionaries and Ties for S1
- Magnetic Letters for Early Years
We aim to do a lot more in the coming months but to do this we need our membership to grow……
Below you will find links to our latest minutes and letters as well as information about meeting dates.
Parent Council Agenda and Minutes 2018/19
Parent Council Agenda and Minutes 2017/18
Parent Council Letters
This years Parent Council meeting will be held on:
- Tuesday 6th November 2018 – Preparation for HMIE Inspection
- Monday 21st January 2019 – Poverty Proofing our School
- Wednesday 20th March 2019 – Extended use of QI’s
- Thursday 9th May 2019 – AGM
- Tuesday 4th June 2019 – Report on School Improvement Plan
All meetings are scheduled to run from 6.30pm to 8.00pm and are held in Classroom 5 in the school. The Agenda is issued approximately 1 week before the meeting and will be posted both on this webpage and on our Facebook page.
If you have any points you’d like to raise and discuss at the meetings please contact Bonnyriggpsparentcouncil@hotmail.com