At Bonnyrigg we aim within a stimulating learning environment that:
- there is breadth and balance across the curriculum with opportunities for active learning and achievement for all pupils through continuity and progression.
- programmes of learning and teaching are based on summative and formative assessment of individual pupils ensuring equal opportunities for all.
- all pupils develop a caring, respectful and responsible attitude towards others and the environment in which they live.
- all pupils treat everyone the way they would like to be treated.
- there is a positive ethos, which values all individuals, enhances self esteem and provides opportunities for lifelong learning.
- all staff are valued and can continue to learn and develop professionally within a supportive team.
- healthy lifestyles and healthy attitudes towards all areas of school life are actively promoted.
- partnership between school, parents and the wider community is actively encouraged.
- quality resources, including a modern, well stocked library, are well organised, easily accessible and known to staff.
- progress and attainment is monitored throughout the school through the process of self-evaluation